Ina Garten's Summer Garden Pasta
Angel Hair with Tomato and Basil
Summer Garden Pasta Recipe: Super fresh ingredients take a simple pasta dish to an entirely new level.
- 4 pints Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- good Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons minced Garlic (6 cloves)
- 18 large Basil Leaves (julienned; plus extra for serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 pound dried Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (plus extra for serving)
Ina Garten's Vintage Dishes
4 pints Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
good Olive Oil
2 tablespoons minced Garlic (6 cloves)
18 large Basil Leaves (julienned; plus extra for serving)
1/2 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
Combine the cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, basil leaves, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside at room temperature for about 4 hours.
1 pound dried Angel Hair Pasta
1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (plus extra for serving)
Just before you’re ready to serve, bring a large pot of water with a splash of olive oil and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil and add the pasta. Cook al dente according to the directions on the package (be careful – it only takes 2 to 3 minutes!). Drain the pasta well and add to the bowl with the cherry tomatoes. Add the cheese and some extra fresh basil leaves and toss well. Serve in big bowls with extra cheese on each serving.
Grate the Parmesan cheese by cutting off the rind, cutting it into chunks, and processing it in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. It’s really ground rather than grated.
1. You can use any fresh tomatoes for this recipe.