The perfect summer dish!
Carla Hall's Summer Pasta
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta (cooked to package directions)
- 1/4 cup basil (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup corn (sliced off the cob)
- 1 serrano chile (seeds and ribs removed then finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 jalapeno (seeds removed and minced)
- Add pasta to salted boiling water. Cook according to package directions.
- Halve cherry tomatoes and salt. Set aside and allow water to be drawn out, reducing the moisture in the tomatoes. Carefully slice the corn kernals off the cob. Seed and remove ribs from the Serrano chile then finely chop.
- In salted boiling water, submerge raw green beans, cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and immediately submerge in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- In a large saute pan, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add corn, garlic, jalapeno, tomatoes and green beans. and cook for 2 minutes. Drain cooked pasta, and add to the saute pan. (Be sure to reserve some pasta water) Saute until combined, add pasta water if necessary. Garnish with basil.