Cool off with this tasty drink!
Clinton Kelly's Sunny Mary
- 1 cup lemon flavored vodka
- 3 pounds tomatoes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons grated horseradish
- tomato wedges for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Puree tomatoes, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce and grated horseradish in a blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Strain through a cheesecloth lined fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Let drain, without stirring, until about 2 cups of liquid are collected, about 2 hours. Check for seasoning.
- Discard solids left in the strainer.
- Divide tomato water among 4 ice-filled glasses. Top each glass with 2 ounces lemon flavored vodka. Garnish with a slice of tomato and serve.
Similar categories: Breakfast & Brunch