Supreme Pizza Dippers
Stuff your pizza dough with the fillings of your choice. Think: Italian sausage, meatballs, pepperoni, and plenty of cheese.
- step-by-step directions
Supreme Pizza Dippers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 pounds pizza dough
- olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- marinara sauce (for dipping)
- anchovies to serve (optional)
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 16 miniature meatballs (your favorite meatball recipe)
- 1/2 pound sliced pepperoni (chopped)
- 1/3 cup diced red and yellow bell peppers
- Place a 10 inch cast iron pan in an oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese with the oregano, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium sauté pan heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium. Add the sausage and cook until crispy, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool.
- Add the bell peppers to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes just to soften. Use a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan with the sausage drippings remaining, add the meatballs and cook on all sides until dark golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool.
- Toss the filling ingredients plus shredded mozzarella together to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface, with a floured rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Use a floured 3 inch biscuit cutter to cut circles out of the dough.
- Place a small amount of filling into the center of each circle.
- Once all the dough circles are topped with filling begin to pinch the edges of each circle together to form filled balls of dough.
- Remove the hot pan from the oven and drizzle with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Place the balls seam side down into the pan. Brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until deep golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with the remaining parmesan cheese, anchovies and warm marinara sauce for dipping.
- If you don't have a biscuit cutter, then you can use a glass to cut your dough into circles.
- Personalize the dippers by creating your own fillings.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Bread & Pastry Appetizers Cuisine Italian
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal