Supreme Pizza Dippers
Stuff your pizza dough with the fillings of your choice. Think: Italian sausage, meatballs, pepperoni, and plenty of cheese.
- step-by-step directions
Supreme Pizza Dippers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 pounds pizza dough
- olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- marinara sauce (for dipping)
- anchovies to serve (optional)
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 16 miniature meatballs (your favorite meatball recipe)
- 1/2 pound sliced pepperoni (chopped)
- 1/3 cup diced red and yellow bell peppers
- Place a 10 inch cast iron pan in an oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese with the oregano, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium sauté pan heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium. Add the sausage and cook until crispy, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool.
- Add the bell peppers to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes just to soften. Use a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan with the sausage drippings remaining, add the meatballs and cook on all sides until dark golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool.
- Toss the filling ingredients plus shredded mozzarella together to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface, with a floured rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Use a floured 3 inch biscuit cutter to cut circles out of the dough.
- Place a small amount of filling into the center of each circle.
- Once all the dough circles are topped with filling begin to pinch the edges of each circle together to form filled balls of dough.
- Remove the hot pan from the oven and drizzle with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Place the balls seam side down into the pan. Brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until deep golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with the remaining parmesan cheese, anchovies and warm marinara sauce for dipping.
- If you don't have a biscuit cutter, then you can use a glass to cut your dough into circles.
- Personalize the dippers by creating your own fillings.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Bread & Pastry Appetizers Cuisine Italian
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Lamb Ribs with Shaved Asparagus, Mint and Feta Salad
Grilled Japanese Eggplant with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Vegetable Lo Mein
Shrimp Summer Rolls with Sweet Chili Sauce
Broccoli Pesto Pasta
Piadine with Mortadella and Robiola