Creamy Chocolate Bites
Clinton Kelly's Surprising Cream Cheese Truffles
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (divided)
- 1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (optional)
- 1/4 cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Toppings:
- crushed Pretzels
- Sea Salt
- crushed Cookies
- crushed Nuts
- In a large bowl whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Melt half of the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler. Stir into the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fully incorporated. Divided the mixture into two bowls and stir peanut butter into one mixture. Mix in peanut butter (optional) until well combined. Alternatively, you can omit peanut butter or flavor the entire mixture. Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoons, portion out truffles and place on wax paper. If mixture becomes too warm return to the fridge and chill before dipping. Take note of which truffles may be flavored with peanut butter.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and begin dipping the truffles, allowing excess chocolate to drip off and return to the wax paper. Working with your toppings of choice, decorate each truffle immediately after returning to wax paper.
- Allow chocolate to set before serving. Truffles can be made a few days in advance and stored in an air tight container in the fridge.