Can't find a way to get your kids to eat sweet potatoes? Try this dish, they'll love it!
Sweet Potato, Potato Salad
- For the Potatoes:
- 3 pounds Sweet Potatoes or Jumbo Yams (cooked until tender and then cubed and cooled)
- 5-6 Hard cooked eggs (cooled and coarsely chopped)
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1/2 cup sweet relish
- thinly sliced tomatoes and cucumber for garnish (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise (a little more or less as desired)
- 1-2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine sweet potatoes or yams, egg, onions, and celery. Stir in sweet relish, mayonnaise, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. (Stir the mayonnaise and mustard in a little at a time, until you have the flavor and consistency you like.)
- Top with thinly sliced tomatoes and cucumber, if desired.