This sweet souffle is simple to make and easier to eat. It's a favorite at Atlanta's Mary Mac's Tea Room and now you can make it at home.
Sweet Potato Souffle
- 1 pound Small sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons salted butter (softened)
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 teapoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Light cream
- 2 Large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350??F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish. Place the sweet potatoes in a large stockpot with water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 1 hour, or until soft. Drain and let cool. Remove the skins and mash the sweet potatoes well with a potato masher in a large bowl.
- Add the butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and cream to the mashed sweet potatoes, stirring to combine. Taste for sweetness and adjust the sugar as desired. Add the beaten eggs, stirring to combine. Pour into the baking dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the soufflé is set in the center.
- Increase the oven temperature to 475??F. Cover the top of the soufflé with the miniature marshmallows and bake for 4 to 5 minutes, until the marshmallows are browned.