Clinton Kelly's Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken (cut into 8 pieces; breast split)
- freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 13- ounce jar Orange Marmalade
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Red Chile Flakes
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger (peeled and sliced into coins)
- 1 bunch Scallions (divided; 1/2 roughly chopped; 1/2 sliced on bias)
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet with a few tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high. Sear the chicken on all sides until golden, working in batches. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, excluding sliced scallions, in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 hours on high or 5 to 6 hours on low.
- Serve chicken with sauce over rice. Garnish with sliced scallions.