Carla Hall's Sweet and Spicy Nuts
- 2 large Egg Whites
- 4 cups Walnuts and Pecan Halves
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degree F. Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients excluding the nuts. Whisk the spice mixture into the whites and whip slightly to evenly distribute. Add the nuts and fold until fully coated.
- Spread the nuts on a parchment lined sheet pan in an even layer. Bake until golden brown, about 30 to 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cool the sheet pan on a wire rack. Once the nuts have cooled completely, transfer to an airtight container.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks