Unguard! Stab your hunger with this magnificent dish from Super Mario's recipe book!
Swordfish Paillard with Arugula and Tomatoes
- One 1 1/2-pound skinless Swordfish Steak (cut horizontally into 6 thin slices - about 1/4 inch thick)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 3 cup trimmed Arugula (washed and spun dry)
- 1 pound super-ripe cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)
- 2 tablespoons Black or Brown Mustard Seeds (available in Indian markets)
- Scant 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Preheat a gas grill or prepare a fire in a charcoal grill.
- Brush the swordfish on both sides with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt. Place the swordfish paillards on the grill and cook for 1 minute, unmoved, then gently flip and cook for 15 seconds on the second side, or until just cooked through (watch carefully, the cooking goes very quickly). Transfer to a large platter.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss the arugula with the cherry tomatoes and mustard seeds, then add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and the vinegar and gently toss to mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the salad on top of the swordfish and serve immediately.