A hungry guy meal so filling that you'll never wrestle with hunger again!
Michael Symon's T-Bone Steak with Salsa Verde
- Salsa Verde :
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 salt-packed anchovy fillets (rinsed and minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons salt-packed capers (rinsed and chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and minced/about 1 tbspn)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Steak:
- 1 1/2 Lb T-Bone Steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- To prep the Salsa Verde: Combine the parsley, mint, anchovies, garlic, shallot, lemon zest and juice, capers, jalapeno, red pepper flakes, and olive oil in a bowl and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To grill the Steak: Drizzle steak with olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Once hot, add the steak and sear for four minutes per side, until charred and caramelized.
- Rest steak at least ten minutes before serving. Top the steak with salsa verde, and serve with creamed spinach.