Tart Cherry Crumble
Create a hearty crumble by incorporating oats and cookie crumbs.
- step-by-step directions
Tart Cherry Crumble
- 1 Store-Bought Pie Dough
- 2 14- ounce jars Tart Cherries in juice (1/2 cup liquid reserved)
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
For the Crumble:
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1/4 cup Amaretti cookies
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold Butter (cubed)
- Powdered Sugar (to garnish)
- Greek Yogurt (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Roll pie dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Place dough into a pie dish and line with parchment and baking beans. Cook for 10 minutes then carefully remove baking beans and parchment and continue to bake for 7 to 8 more minutes or until bottom of crust is cooked and pale golden. remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cornstarch and reserved liquid in a large bowl. Add the cherries, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar. Stir together then transfer to the prepared crust.
- Combine the crumble ingredients minus the butter in a food processor and pulse until cookie pieces are smaller than a pea. Add butter and pulse until butter is crumbled. Top cherries with the crumble and place pie into the oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Crumble topping should be a rich golden color.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature. Serve with powdered sugar and greek yogurt.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Cherries Courses & Meals Desserts Pies & Tarts Holidays & Occasions Thanksgiving
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw