Tart Cherry Crumble
Create a hearty crumble by incorporating oats and cookie crumbs.
- step-by-step directions
Tart Cherry Crumble
- 1 Store-Bought Pie Dough
- 2 14- ounce jars Tart Cherries in juice (1/2 cup liquid reserved)
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
For the Crumble:
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1/4 cup Amaretti cookies
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold Butter (cubed)
- Powdered Sugar (to garnish)
- Greek Yogurt (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Roll pie dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Place dough into a pie dish and line with parchment and baking beans. Cook for 10 minutes then carefully remove baking beans and parchment and continue to bake for 7 to 8 more minutes or until bottom of crust is cooked and pale golden. remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cornstarch and reserved liquid in a large bowl. Add the cherries, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar. Stir together then transfer to the prepared crust.
- Combine the crumble ingredients minus the butter in a food processor and pulse until cookie pieces are smaller than a pea. Add butter and pulse until butter is crumbled. Top cherries with the crumble and place pie into the oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Crumble topping should be a rich golden color.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature. Serve with powdered sugar and greek yogurt.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Cherries Courses & Meals Desserts Pies & Tarts Holidays & Occasions Thanksgiving
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Ginger Cinnamon Funnel Cakes
Strawberry Malted Milkshake
Cheddar Pretzel Chicken with Spicy Corn Relish
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel