A Spanish style doughnut!
- step-by-step directions
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter (cut into 8 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon sugar plus about 1 cup for dusting
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Large eggs
- 8 cup extra-virgin olive oil for deep-frying
- Combine 1 cup water, the butter, sugar, and salt in a small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until butter melts.
- Turn the heat to low, add the flour (in one shot), and stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from the heat and add the eggs one at a time, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow the batter to rest for 10 mins in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 inches of olive oil to 365 degrees F in a large heavy pot. Transfer the dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe 4-inch long strips of dough into the hot oil, without crowding, and cook for 4-5 mins until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Dust generously with sugar and serve
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Black Bean Dip with Spiced Pita Chips
Roasted Pickled Pepper Hero
Shoestring Fries with Garlic and Rosemary
Mexican Chocolate Sweet Potato Milkshake
Latin Turkey Burger with Raclette Cheese
Cream Cheese-Stuffed Sweet Buns
Pork Burgers with Grilled Peaches, Bacon & Blue Cheese
Cracklin' Mozzarella Sticks with Tomato Basil Salad