A Spanish style doughnut!
- step-by-step directions
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter (cut into 8 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon sugar plus about 1 cup for dusting
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Large eggs
- 8 cup extra-virgin olive oil for deep-frying
- Combine 1 cup water, the butter, sugar, and salt in a small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until butter melts.
- Turn the heat to low, add the flour (in one shot), and stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from the heat and add the eggs one at a time, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow the batter to rest for 10 mins in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 inches of olive oil to 365 degrees F in a large heavy pot. Transfer the dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe 4-inch long strips of dough into the hot oil, without crowding, and cook for 4-5 mins until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Dust generously with sugar and serve
rate this recipe
Cheesy Garlic Donuts
Red Wine Salted Popcorn
Chocolate Baseball Extravaganza
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce
Fried Peach Hand-Pies
Taco Grilled Cheese
Lemon Tendercake with Blueberry Compote
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese
Jam & Gin
Bacon and Ramp Scrambled Eggs