A Spanish style doughnut!
- step-by-step directions
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter (cut into 8 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon sugar plus about 1 cup for dusting
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Large eggs
- 8 cup extra-virgin olive oil for deep-frying
- Combine 1 cup water, the butter, sugar, and salt in a small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until butter melts.
- Turn the heat to low, add the flour (in one shot), and stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from the heat and add the eggs one at a time, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow the batter to rest for 10 mins in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 inches of olive oil to 365 degrees F in a large heavy pot. Transfer the dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe 4-inch long strips of dough into the hot oil, without crowding, and cook for 4-5 mins until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Dust generously with sugar and serve
Bruschetta with Ricotta and Pepita Gremolata
Fresh Veggie Frittata
Skirt Steak with Ginger Gold Apples
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Sauteed Peppers
Oven Roasted Salmon with Purple Cauliflower Puree and a Buttermilk Dill Slaw
Chicken Scallopini with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Pesto Chicken Cauliflower Bowl
Fluke with Brown Butter and Lemon Sauce
Peach Slab Pie