Hubcap Grill's Texas BBQ Burger
A taste of the south!
A sinfully delicious burger.
- 1 Burger bun (toasted on both sides)
- 1/3 pound Ground angus chuck patty (80/20)
- 1 Smoked BBQ sausage link (sliced into rounds)
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 Jalapenos (sliced into strips)
- 1/4 cup Fried crispy onions
- 1/4 cup Tangy BBQ sauce (store bought or your favorite)
Evette Rios Visits Hubcap Houston's!
1/3 pound Ground angus chuck patty (80/20)
Salt and pepper
For your meat into a patty. Season patty with only salt and pepper. The good quality chuck with proper fat will speak for itself.
Grill patty to your preferred temperature.
1 Smoked BBQ sausage link (sliced into rounds)
Slice sausage link into four rounds, about the size of silver dollars, or enough to fill the patty's size.
1/4 cup Tangy BBQ sauce (reserve some)
1/4 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
On the flat top, place meat patty topped with BBQ sauce, shredded cheddar and BBQ sausage. Cover burger to let cheese melt and ooze.
1 Burger bun (toasted on both sides)
Remaining Tangy BBQ sauce
2 Jalapenos (sliced into strips)
1/4 cup Fried crispy onions
On the bottom bun, layer BBQ sauce, jalapeños, chuck patty, BBQ sauce, cheddar, sausage and fried crispy onions. Then add more BBQ sauce on the other bun half and place it on top to finish assembling the burger.