Don't miss out on this sinfully delicious burger and taste of the south!
Texas BBQ Burger
- 1 Burger bun (toasted on both sides)
- 1/3 pound Ground angus chuck patty (80/20)
- 1 Smoked BBQ sausage link (sliced into rounds)
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 Jalapenos (sliced into strips)
- 1/4 cup Fried Crispy Onions
- 1/4 cup Tangy BBQ sauce (store bought or your favorite)
- For your meat into a patty. Season patty with only salt and pepper. The good quality chuck with proper fat will speak for itself.
- Grill patty to your preferred temperature.
- Slice sausage link into four rounds, about the size of silver dollars, or enough to fill the patty's size.
- On the flat top, place meat patty topped with BBQ sauce, shredded cheddar and BBQ sausage. Cover burger to let cheese melt and ooze.
- On the bottom bun, layer BBQ sauce, jalapeños, chuck patty, BBQ sauce, cheddar, sausage and fried crispy onions. Then add more BBQ sauce on the other bun half and place it on top to finish assembling the burger.
Similar categories: Ingredients Beef Burgers Courses & Meals Dinner Beef Lunch Techniques BBQ & Grilling