Apple Cider Bellinis with Cinnamon and Cloves
Apple Pie Bellini
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ounce apple cider (chilled)
- 2 ounces infused simple syrup (chilled)
- 4 ounces champagne or sparkling cider (chilled)
- freshly grated nutmeg (to serve)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dampen the rim of a champagne flute. Rim champagne flute with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Add the apple cider and infused simple syrup to the champagne flute. Top with champagne or sparkling cider. Grate fresh nutmeg over the cocktail and serve.
- For the Simple Syrup: Combine sugar and water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and immediately add the cloves, cinnamon stick and grated nutmeg. Set aside and allow simple syrup to cool to room temperature. Strain before serving.