Similar to a Bechamel, use this classic Italian sauce as the base for so many dishes!
- step-by-step directions
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- Heat butter in medium sauce pan until melted.
- Add flour and stir until smooth. Cook over medium heat until light golden brown, about 6-7 minutes.
- Heat the milk in a separate pan until it's just about to boil. Add milk to the butter mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking continuously until very smooth. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and nutmeg.
rate this recipe
Smoked Cheddar and Creole Mac-n-Cheese
Oyster Po' Boys
Crispy Baked Potato Casserole
North African Chicken and Spinach Stew
Mini Vegan Sweet Potato Pies
Maple Panna Cotta with Roasted Grapes and Pistachios
Black and White Cookies
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Greek Pasta Salad