Mario Batali's Besciamella
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- Heat butter in medium sauce pan until melted.
- Add flour and stir until smooth. Cook over medium heat until light golden brown, about 6-7 minutes.
- Heat the milk in a separate pan until it's just about to boil. Add milk to the butter mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking continuously until very smooth. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and nutmeg.