A must-try holiday pie!
Carla Hall's Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 cup Dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon White vinegar
- 1 .5 cups Pecans (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Dark chocolate chips
- 1 Unbaked deep-dish pie crust (9-inch)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add beaten eggs, cornstarch, salt, vanilla, vinegar and corn syrup.
- Cut pastry dough 1 inch larger than pan to fold edges under and flute. Glaze bottom with egg white. Sprinkle pecans and chocolate on pie shell.
- Pour pie filling into prepared crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 40 – 50 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack before serving.
- *Note: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray in pan. If pie is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.