Ten Gallon Apple Pie
This pie is so delicious your family will eat it in just one night.
- step-by-step directions
Ten Gallon Apple Pie
- FOR THE PIE CRUST
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Sticks Chilled Butter cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2/3 cup Water
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
FOR THE PIE FILLING
- 10 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 5 1/4 pound Granny Smith Apples cored and sliced 1/8" thick
- 1 1/4 pound Empire Apples cored and sliced 1/8" thick
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 5 tablespoon Bourbon or Brandy
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Whites of 1 Egg
- 1 This pie is so delicious your family will eat it in just one night. tablespoon This pie is so delicious your family will eat it in just one night. Granulated Sugar This pie is so delicious your family will eat it in just one night.
- FOR THE FLAKY PIE CRUST: Combine water, salt, and sugar in measuring cup. Stir and place cup in fridge for at least 15 min to chill water and to dissolve sugar and salt. If possible, chill mixing bowl and paddle attachment if possible.
- Combine flour and butter pieces in mixing bowl. On medium speed, cut butter into flour until butter pieces are the size of small pebbles. With the mixer running, pour the water into the butter mixture. Mix until the dough comes together. Separate the dough into 2 disks. Wrap each with film and chill.
- Roll chilled pastry dish out to fit a deep dish pie dish. Prick all over dough with a fork. Bake on 375 for 10-15 minutes, or until it is lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- FOR THE PIE FILLING: In a very large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat, then add apples, sugar, and cinnamon. When apples begin to sizzle, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until apples soften and release their juices, about 10-12 minutes. Add the bourbon, cook for another minute, then stir in the lemon juice and vanilla extract and allow to cool. If needed cook in batches and lay out on a sheet try to cool.
- TO MAKE PIE: Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll out a chilled piece of pie crust large enough to cover pie.
- Pour filling into par-baked crust, and cover with the second piece of pie crust. Trim the cover, and fold under the edges. Flute edges together or use fork to press together. Brush the top with egg whites and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Cut four slits near center of pie to vent steam. Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw