Bread pudding with coffee and donuts!
Coffee Donut Bread Pudding
- 12 Stale Donuts (4 sugar; 4 powdered sugar; 4 glazed) - cut into sixths
- 1 1/2 cups Strong Coffee
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, half and half, sweetened condensed milk, coffee, vanilla and salt.
- Lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- Soak the donuts in the egg-coffee-milk mixture and let stand for about an hour.
- Place the baking dish in a larger baking dish, and fill outer dish with water (enough to come half way up the side of the smaller dish). Place on a sheet tray to prevent any spills in the oven.
- Transfer the donut mixture to the baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes, or until the pudding is set.
- Preheat the broiler and broil the bread pudding for about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool for about 20 minutes. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Breakfast & Brunch Desserts Muffins, Scones, Coffee Cakes & Other Sweet Breads