This zippy waffle batter gets its refreshing twist from the addition of cranberries and citrus
Crispy Sierra Mist Waffles
- For the Waffles:
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash
- Cooking oil for brushing waffle iron
- For the Cranberry Compote:
- 2 cups Cranberries
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Whipped Cream for topping
- For the Waffles: Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt) in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (butter and eggs) until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix. Add the Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash and mix thoroughly.
- Prepare your preheated waffle iron by lightly brushing it with cooking oil. Carefully pour about 2/3 cup of the waffle batter into the waffle iron (the amount will vary based upon the size of your waffle iron). Cook time will vary according to your waffle iron's instructions.
- For the Cranberry Compote: Add ingredients into saucepan and cook over medium low heat. Continuously stir until thickened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with cranberry compote and whipped cream.