The perfect holiday spread.
Daphne Oz's Fig Compote
- 8 ounces Dried Figs
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon honey
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 cup Port wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, reduce 2 cups port by half.
- Add 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar, 3 tablespoons honey, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, pinch of kosher salt.
- Add 8 oz dried figs and stir to coat them with the syrup.
- Take off heat and add 3 tablespoons unsalted butter