A tasty side dish for your Thanksgiving feast!
Daphne Oz's Roasted Autumn Vegetables with Lentils
- 4 Small Carrots (halved lengthwise)
- 3 Shallots (halved)
- 1 Butternut Squash (halved/seeded/cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 6 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 pound Brussels Sprouts (halved)
- 1/2 cup dried Black Lentils (rinsed)
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 pound Arugula
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Heat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, squash, brussel sprouts, shallots, and garlic. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Pour vegetables onto a sheet tray and roast in oven for 30 minutes, tossing once.
- Meanwhile, prepare lentils by putting into small sauce pan and covering with water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 20 minutes. Drain, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Once vegetables are finished roasting, remove garlic. Peel and mash. In a small bowl, combine the mashed garlic, remaining 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and dijon mustard, and whisk into vinaigrette. Toss the lentils with the vinaigrette, and then fold in the arugula leaves, and then top with roasted vegetables to serve.