The best part of dinner is always dessert!
Duff Goldman's Deep Fried Pumpkin Pouches
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Large Eggs plus 1 yolk
- 2 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 2 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1 15 ounce Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 14 ounce Package Pre-made Pie Crust
- Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar for garnish
- In a small bowl mix the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with the lemon and orange zest. Stir in pumpkin and sugar spice mixture and mix until well combined.
- Preheat 3" of oil in dutch oven to 375F.
- On a floured workspace, roll out the pie crust. Using a 3" round, cut into circles.
- Spoon a generous tablespoon of the filling into the center of the circle and gather the corners up around the filing to create a pouch. Brush the edges with yolk. Press to seal the pouches. Set aside.
- Once all pouches are ready, drop into oil, and fry until golden-brown, about 2-3 minutes. Work in batches if necessary. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate. Garnish with powdered sugar, and serve.