Turkey Breast with Rosemary and Thyme
Marcus Samuelsson's Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
- 6 pound Bone-In Turkey Breast
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 medium Yellow Onion (halved)
- 1/2 cup Herb Mix (recipe below)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
For the Herb Mix:
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Sage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Parsley
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- For the Turkey Breast: Preheat oven to 400ºF. Rinse the turkey under cold water and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper on all sides and in the neck cavity.
- Stuff the garlic cloves, cinnamon sticks and onion into the neck cavity and seal closed with a wooden skewer or toothpick.
- Rub the Herb Mix over the turkey and under the skin.
- Place the turkey, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan and cover with foil. Roast, basting occasionally with the pan juices, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of the breast reads 160ºF and the juices run clear, about 1-1/2 hours. Let the turkey rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
- For the Herb Mix: In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, rosemary, sage, thyme, parsley and chili powder.