Turkey Breast with Rosemary and Thyme
Marcus Samuelsson's Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
- For the Turkey Breast:
- 1 6- pound Bone-In Turkey Breast
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 medium Yellow Onion (halved)
- 1/2 For the Herb Mix: cup For the Herb Mix: Herb Mix For the Herb Mix:
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Sage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Parsley
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- For the Turkey Breast: Rinse the turkey under cold water and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper on all sides and in the neck cavity. Stuff the garlic cloves, cinnamon sticks and onion into the neck cavity and seal closed with a wooden skewer or toothpick.
- For the Herb Mix: Generously rub the herb mix over the turkey and under the skin.
- Place the turkey, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan and cover with foil. Roast, basting occasionally with the pan juices, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of the breast reads 160F and the juices run clear, about 1-1/2 hours. Let the turkey rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
Similar categories: Dinner