Chocolate Chip Cookies
This cookie is Daphne's favorite, and once you take a bite it will be yours also.
- step-by-step directions
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups minus to 2 tablespoons Cake flour
- 1 2/3 cup Bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Coarse salt
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 butter) Unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups Light brown sugar
- 1 cups plus 2 tablespoons Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 teaspoon Natural vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 pounds Bittersweet chocolate at least 60 percent cacao content
- Sea salt for garnish
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them.
- Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside.
- Scoop 6 3 ½ -ounce mounds of dough (the size of generous golf balls) onto baking sheet, making sure to turn horizontally any chocolate pieces that are poking up; it will make for a more attractive cookie. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated, for baking remaining batches the next day. Eat warm, with a big napkin.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Cookies & Brownies Courses & Meals Desserts Cookies Holidays & Occasions Thanksgiving
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal