Chocolate Chip Cookies
This cookie is Daphne's favorite, and once you take a bite it will be yours also.
- step-by-step directions
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups minus to 2 tablespoons Cake flour
- 1 2/3 cup Bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Coarse salt
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 butter) Unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups Light brown sugar
- 1 cups plus 2 tablespoons Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 teaspoon Natural vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 pounds Bittersweet chocolate at least 60 percent cacao content
- Sea salt for garnish
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them.
- Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside.
- Scoop 6 3 ½ -ounce mounds of dough (the size of generous golf balls) onto baking sheet, making sure to turn horizontally any chocolate pieces that are poking up; it will make for a more attractive cookie. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated, for baking remaining batches the next day. Eat warm, with a big napkin.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Cookies & Brownies Courses & Meals Desserts Cookies Holidays & Occasions Thanksgiving
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami