Crispy mashed potato cakes with thyme
The Chew's Leftover Mashed Potato Cakes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 5 Sprigs of Thyme (leaves removed)
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Flour (for dredging)
- In a medium-sized, non-stick pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Mix the leftover mashed potatoes with the beaten eggs, thyme, and flour. Gently fold together.
- Form the potatoes into small cakes, about 2 inches in diameter, and dip in the flour. Shake off the excess. Place the potato cakes in the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Serve warm