Risotto with Creamy Parmigiano-Reggiano
The Chew's Leftover Turkey Risotto
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil (divided)
- 2 Shallots (finely diced)
- 2 cups Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 3 cups Chicken Stock (warmed)
- 3 cups Water (warmed)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Sage (chopped)
- 1 cup leftover Turkey (diced)
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat about 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Toss in the shallots and sweat for about a minute.
- Next, toss in the rice and stir to coat in the olive oil. Toast for about 3 minutes, or until the rice is just beginning to color. Season with a large pinch of salt.
- Spoon in about 1 cup at a time of liquid, alternating between chicken stock and water. Stir until the liquid has almost cooked off, then spoon in another cup. This process should take about 25 minutes. Stir continuously, really working on extracting the starch from the rice. This will make for a very creamy risotto.
- Once the rice is cooked (it should have a bit of a bite to it), stir in the parmigiano, butter and about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir in the sage and turkey and serve immediately.