Mario's stuffing with merguez, cornbread, and chestnuts is absolutely delicious! You've got to try it.
Merguez, Cornbread, and Chestnut Stuffing
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound Merguez (removed from casings)
- 1 large Onion (diced)
- 5 Stalks Celery (diced)
- 1 cup Chestnuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup Apples (peeled and diced)
- 4 cups Cornbread (toasted and cubed)
- 1 tablespoon Sage (for sprinkling)
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil, then crumble merguez into pan and cook 4 minutes. Add onion, celery, chestnuts and apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is cooked through.
- In a large bowl, place cubed cornbread. Add sausage mixture. Sprinkle with sage. Pour broth and butter over the top and toss to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and cover. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.