Get grilling on thanksgiving.
Michael Symon's Grilled Turkey
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 6 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Oregano (freshly chopped)
- 10-12 pound Turkey (butterflied)
- Mix together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano in a large baking dish. Add the turkey and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Wrap 2 bricks in aluminum foil and set aside. Remove the turkey from the marinade, blot off excess oil, and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the turkey on the grill, skin-side down, and place 2 bricks on top. Grill the turkey for approximately 10 minutes, then turn over, and return the bricks to the turkey. Close the cover and continue cooking for about 1 1/2 hours or until the thickest part is 165 degrees. Let rest for 20 minutes and cut into quarters. Serve on a platter.