Try a new mashed potatoes recipe this Thanksgiving!
Skordalia: Greek Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Potatoes (peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 1 Cauliflower head
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bulb roasted garlic
- 2 cup milk
- 2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Note: should use equal parts potato and cauliflower
- In a large pot add milk and water and bring to a boil. Add potato chunks and cook for 10 minutes. Next, add the cauliflower and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Take potatoes and cauliflower out of pot and use a food mill to mash. Note: If you don't have a food mill you can mash the potatoes and cauliflower in equal batches with hand masher.
- In a blender combine toasted almonds, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, roasted garlic and salt to taste. Blender together until thoroughly combined.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond mixture with potatoes and cauliflower. Serve warm.
Similar categories: Ingredients Potato Holidays & Occasions Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Sides Thanksgiving Potatoes Cuisine Greek Other Side Dishes