A perfectly delicious side.
Michael Symon's Sweet Potato Gratin
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Red Chiles very finely minced
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Cup scallions chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- In a small sauce pot add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Add scallions, garlic, chiles, salt and parmesan.
- Add a layer of sweet potatoes to the roasting pan. Pour some of the cream mixture over the potatoes. Add another layer of potatoes and some more cream. Continue layering until all of the potatoes and cream have been used. Top potatoes with grated parmesan.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake in over for 35 to 50 minutes. Remove foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Remove from oven and serve.