Michael Symon takes turkey leftovers and gives them a new, delicious twist.
Michael Symon's Thanksgiving Benedict
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Baked Sweet Potato (cut into 1-inch thick slices)
- 1-2 cups Creamed onions (but up to the cook)
- 3 Tablespoon Cilantro (chopped)
- 4 Pieces Leftover Turkey (torn in shreds)
- 1 Poached Egg
- Hot Sauce (for garnish and to taste)
- Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 sticks butter (melted)
- Season sweet potato with salt.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter and heat until it foams and subsides. Fry each side of the sweet potato cakes until crisp (about three minutes)
- Assemble by topping sweet potato cake with creamed onion turkey mixture (see below), a poached egg, hollandaise (see below), hot sauce and top with pepper and cilantro.
- To make creamed onion turkey mixture, combine creamed onions and turkey in small saucepan. Mix until heated and combine.
- To make the hollandaise sauce combine 3 egg yolks, 3/4 sticks melted butter, hot sauce to taste, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine. If needed temper with boiling water to get desired consistency.