Stuffing with Sausage and Mushrooms
Antoinette's Thanksgiving Stuffing
- 1 14- ounce bag of Cubed Bread Stuffing
- 3/4 tablespoon Poultry Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 pounds Sweet Italian Sausage with Fennel (crumbled)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped Fresh Celery
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 cups Cremini Mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the cubed bread to a large bowl and sprinkle with the poultry seasoning. Toss to coat.
- In a medium sized saute pan over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then add the crumbled sausage. Remove once browned and add to the bowl.
- Saute separately the celery and onion until just translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the bowl once cooked. Add more olive oil to the pan and cook off the cremini mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper, and once cooked, add to the bowl of stuffing ingredients.
- Heat the chicken stock and melt the butter inside. Pour the liquid over the stuffing and gently fold together.
- Put the stuffing in a greased dutch oven. Bake for 35 minutes covered. If you desire a crispy top, take the lid off the last 10 minutes of cooking.