A delicious dessert!
Clinton Kelly and Carla Hall's Snowball Surprise
- For the Cupcakes:
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 12 tablespoons Butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
For the Whipped Cream Filling:
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
For the Icing:
- 32 ounces Cream Cheese (4 blocks softened)
- 4 sticks butter (softened)
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Dark Rum
- 1 cup Sweetened Coconut (lightly toasted)
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts (lightly toasted)
- For the Whipped Cream Filling: Whip cream to soft peaks. Add sugar and spices and continue whipping to achieve medium peaks. Gently fold in pumpkin puree. Transfer to a pastry bag or ziptop bag fitted with a piping tip.
- For the Icing: Whip together softened cream cheese, butter, powder sugar and rum until combined. Transfer to a pastry bag or ziptop bag fitted with a piping tip. Chill until ready to use.
- For the Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Continue mixing and add one egg at a time until incorporated. Mix in vanilla.
- Alternate between the flour mixture and sour cream, mixing slowly to combine.
- Evenly distribute batter among muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer is inserted and comes out clean. Cool in pan until cool enough to handle. Finish cool on a wire rack.
- Using a paring knife or kitchen shears trim bottom of cupcake to round off.
- Pierce the bottom of the rounded cupcake with the pumpkin whipped cream filled pastry bag and squeeze to fill cupcake with a few tablespoons of mixture.
- Cover filled cupcakes with icing, smoothing to achieve desired look.
- To Top: Roll in your choice of coconut or walnuts.