Dig in to this tasty week night meal!
Michael Symon's Turkey Cutlets with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Shitakes
- 5 turkey cutlets pounded thin
- 1 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced shitake mushrooms
- 1 sliced shallot
- 1 cup Madeira wine
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- flour (for dredging)
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat two saute pans over medium-high heat.
- Season the cutlets with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of olive oil to each pan and carefully add the cutlets. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Add the shallot and the mushrooms and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Then add the Madeira and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Reduce the liquid for about 2 minutes and then finish with 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir to emulsify and add the parsley.
- Plate the turkey cutlets with the mushroom Madeira sauce.