Create a healthful hash by adding leftover turkey to sweet potatoes, eggs, and apples.
Turkey Sweet Potato Hash
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 tablespoons Butter (divided)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (1/2 inch cubes)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pound Leftover Turkey (1/2 inch diced)
- 1 Small Yellow Onion (1/2 inch diced)
- 3 Scallions (sliced; separating green and white parts)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 Apples (1/2 inch cubes)
- 4 Sprigs of Thyme (leaves taken off the stem)
- 6 Eggs
- In a large saute pan heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and season with salt. Saute for 6 to 8 minutes just until the potato turns golden brown. Add the turkey and continue to brown for 2 more minutes.
- Toss in onion, scallion whites, garlic, season with salt, and continue to cook. Once onions are soft and garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes, add apples and saute. Cook just until apples begin to soften. Toss in the thyme.
- In a large non stick pan heat 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat until melted. Fry eggs until the whites are cooked and yolks are soft and slightly warm to the touch, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve an egg on top of each portion of hash. Garnish with scallion greens, salt and pepper to taste.