Traditional Tiramisu takes on new form when served in festive martini glasses.
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 cup crushed Lady Fingers
- Cocoa Powder to garnish
- For the Chocolate Coffee Ganache:
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 teaspoons Instant Coffee or Espresso
- 9 ounces Milk Chocolate Chips
- For the Cream Cheese Mixture:
- 8 ounces Whipped Cream Cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- pinch of Salt
- For the Zabaglione:
- 3 Egg Yolks (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Marsala
- pinch of Salt
- Spoon a tablespoon of chocolate coffee ganache into the bottom of each martini glass. Cover ganache with a thin layer of lady fingers.
- Add a layer of the cream cheese mixture and top with a frothy layer of zabiglione and a dusting of cocoa powder. Serve immediately.
- For the Chocolate Coffee Ganache: Stir together cream and instant coffee in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Bring to a bowl and then remove from the heat. Stir in the milk chocolate chips with a silicone spatula. Allow to rest for 2 minutes to give the chocolate time to melt. Stir to combine. If the chocolate is not fully melted return the pot to a low heat and stir slowly for 1 more minute. Make sure the chocolate does not stick to the bottom of the pot or it will burn.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass jar or bowl and cool to room temperature. This can be made up to a week in advance and stored in the fridge, tightly covered. Allow to return to room temperature before serving.
- For the Cream Cheese Mixture: Whip the ingredients together to form a creamy and light mixture. This can be a made a few hours ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Whip lightly before preparing the dish.
- For the Zabaglione: Create a double boiler with a sauce pot and glass bowl and an inch or two of water. Bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- With the bowl off the heat, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until doubled in volume and pale yellow in color. Add the pinch of salt and slowly begin to drizzle in the marsala while continuing to whisk.
- Place the bowl over the simmering water and continue to whisk until foamy and can hold a ribbon. At this point the mixture should register 140 to 145 degrees F on an instant read thermometer. This needs to be prepared immediately before serving.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Mousses, Puddings, & Pies Courses & Meals Desserts Custards, Puddings, & Mousses Cuisine Italian
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal