Mario Batali's Tomato Ricotta Testaroli
- 1-2 pounds Pizza Dough
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Ripe Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Chives
- 1/4 cup torn fresh Basil
- Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese to garnish
- Heat a griddle to medium heat. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt.
- Stretch pizza dough into a thin pizza crust that fits over your griddle. Cut dough in half if necessary. Cook dough on both sides until light golden and crispy. Remove form heat. Cut cooked dough into strips to resemble pasta noodles.
- Combine the tomatoes, ricotta and chives and season with salt.
- Drop the cut dough into the water and cook for 1 minute. Loosen tomato mixture with some of the "pasta" water. Drain the "noodles" and add to the tomato sauce. Toss to coat.
- Transfer testaroli to a platter and garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano and fresh basil.