Three Ingredient Sauce
Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups Tomatoes with their juices
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion (peeled and cut in half)
- Combine the tomatoes, their juices, the butter and the onion halves in a saucepan. Add a pinch or two of salt.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally, mashing any large pieces of tomato with a spoon. Add salt as needed.
- Discard the onion before tossing the sauce with pasta. This recipe makes enough sauce for a pound of pasta.