Parmesan Turkey Sandwiches
Michael Symon's Turkey Cutlet with Broccoli Rabe
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 large Eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup Plain Dry Bread Crumbs
- 4 Turkey Cutlets (pounded thin)
- 5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cups Broccoli Rabe
- 3 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Water
- 4 Hero Buns (split and toasted)
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Put the flour in a shallow bowl and season well with salt and black pepper. Put the eggs in another shallow bowl and beat them lightly. To a third shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and parmesan and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Place a large saute pan and a medium heavy-bottomed pot or dutch oven with a lid over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of the turkey with salt and black pepper. Working with one piece of meat at a time, dredge the turkey in the flour, making sure to coat both sides well. Shake off the excess. Dip the turkey into the beaten eggs, allowing the excess to drip off. Finally, lay the turkey in the bread crumbs, turning and pressing to fully coat both sides.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil to the sauté pan. Arrange all 4 pieces of turkey in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in the pot. Add the broccoli rabe and a good pinch of salt and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and water, and cover, cooking until the broccoli is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Put 2 turkey cutlets onto each bun bottom, top with broccoli rabe, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and top with the other half of the bun and serve.