Leftover Turkey: Reinvented
Anabella Ballone's Turkey Pot Pie
- 1 package store bought pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Leftover turkey gravy plus 1 can (as needed)
- 2 1/2 cups leftover turkey (cubed)
- 2 cups leftover vegetables (such as roasted red potatoes, candied carrots, 1 can peas)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Chop turkey into cubes, and cut vegetables into cubes. Heat gravy in a large saucepan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in turkey and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Pour turkey mixture into crust-lined pie pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- For the Leftover Vegetables: Candy carrots by cooking thick coins of carrots with brown sugar, maple syrup and butter in saute pan; cut red potatoes in quarters and roast with salt and pepper, olive oil and dried seasoning (oregano and thyme).
- Tip: Try using Carla Hall’s Perfect Pie Crust for the base of this dish.