Chocolate Pie with Pecan Shortbread Crust
Carla Hall's Turtle Pie
- 2 cups Pecan Shortbread Cookie Crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (divided)
- 3 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate (melted)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter (room temperature)
- 3 large Eggs (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup chopped Toffee (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans (toasted; plus more for garnish)
- Stir together the pecans cookie crumbs, melted butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Evenly press mixture into a pie shell, lining the bottom and sides of the dish. Set aside.
- Stir vanilla into the melted chocolate and set aside. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Once the melted chocolate has cooled slightly, beat into the butter mixture. Add one egg at a time and beat to incorporate fully in between additions. Fold in the toffee and pecans.
- Pour into the prepared crust and place in the fridge to chill for 6 hours or overnight. Remove from fridge and serve witha garnish of toffee and pecans.
Similar categories: Desserts