Carla shares her trade secrets for an elegant Vanilla Cake!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour plus extra for pans
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 12 ounces Butter plus extra for pans (at room temperature)
- 3 1/4 cups Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare three 9" cake pans by coating with butter and dusting with flour.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale yellow and fluffy. Add one egg at a time incorporating fully between additions. Add vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- In a large bowl mix together the remaining dry ingredients.
- Beginning and ending with dry mix begin to slowing add flour mixture and buttermilk in an alternating pattern. Mix just until combined.
- Divide mixture between the prepared cake pans and bake for 40-50 minutes, until the cake is golden brown and pulls away from the pan. Cool in pan for 10 mins then remove from pan and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
The Sweet and Spicy Burger
Quick Caprese Salad
Grilled Chicken with Mango BBQ Sauce
Fried Salami Provolone-Stuffed Hot Dog
Cherry Upside-Down Cake
Hazelnut-Crusted Swordfish Picatta with Charred Romano Beans
Spicy Peanut Grilled Chicken
Jerk Chicken Egg Rolls
Chilled Corn Soup with Ancho Chili Puree
Chimichurri Grilled Wings
Peach Pie Pinwheels
Crispy Ginger Thai Wings