Carla shares her trade secrets for an elegant Vanilla Cake!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour plus extra for pans
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 12 ounces Butter plus extra for pans (at room temperature)
- 3 1/4 cups Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare three 9" cake pans by coating with butter and dusting with flour.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale yellow and fluffy. Add one egg at a time incorporating fully between additions. Add vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- In a large bowl mix together the remaining dry ingredients.
- Beginning and ending with dry mix begin to slowing add flour mixture and buttermilk in an alternating pattern. Mix just until combined.
- Divide mixture between the prepared cake pans and bake for 40-50 minutes, until the cake is golden brown and pulls away from the pan. Cool in pan for 10 mins then remove from pan and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Sauteed Peppers
Oven Roasted Salmon with Purple Cauliflower Puree and a Buttermilk Dill Slaw
Chicken Scallopini with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Pesto Chicken Cauliflower Bowl
Fluke with Brown Butter and Lemon Sauce
Peach Slab Pie
Flank Steak with Herb Dressing and Charred Broccolini
Kathy's Spicy Chicken
Publican Chicken with Chicory Salad
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake