Carla shares her trade secrets for an elegant Vanilla Cake!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour plus extra for pans
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 12 ounces Butter plus extra for pans (at room temperature)
- 3 1/4 cups Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare three 9" cake pans by coating with butter and dusting with flour.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale yellow and fluffy. Add one egg at a time incorporating fully between additions. Add vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- In a large bowl mix together the remaining dry ingredients.
- Beginning and ending with dry mix begin to slowing add flour mixture and buttermilk in an alternating pattern. Mix just until combined.
- Divide mixture between the prepared cake pans and bake for 40-50 minutes, until the cake is golden brown and pulls away from the pan. Cool in pan for 10 mins then remove from pan and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Sweet Potato Croquettes
Bubble and Squeak with Poached Eggs and Mixed Greens Salad
Bacon Lattice Wrapped Turkey
Greek-Style Spatchcock Turkey
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Caramel Sauce
Puff Pastry Almond Snowflakes
Pear Pie Spring Rolls
Puff Pastry Almond Twists
Apple Cider Sangria
Spatchcock Turkey with Stuffing
Sheet Pan Butternut Squash Soup
Spinach and Feta Puffs