Carla shares her trade secrets for an elegant Vanilla Cake!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour plus extra for pans
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 12 ounces Butter plus extra for pans (at room temperature)
- 3 1/4 cups Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare three 9" cake pans by coating with butter and dusting with flour.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale yellow and fluffy. Add one egg at a time incorporating fully between additions. Add vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- In a large bowl mix together the remaining dry ingredients.
- Beginning and ending with dry mix begin to slowing add flour mixture and buttermilk in an alternating pattern. Mix just until combined.
- Divide mixture between the prepared cake pans and bake for 40-50 minutes, until the cake is golden brown and pulls away from the pan. Cool in pan for 10 mins then remove from pan and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Hot Italian Sausage Sandwich
Roasted Chicken with Boozy BBQ Sauce
Cleveland Baked Beans
Grilled German Potato Salad
Pea Pesto Pasta
Herbed Asparagus Frittata with Pea Shoot Salad
Striped Bass with Endive and Spring Onions
Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
Poule au Pot
Braised Lamb with Spring Vegetables