Delicious homemade ice cream!
Regina King's Vanilla Caramel Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 8 Egg Yolks
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 3-4 teaspoon Vanilla
- pinch of Salt
- 1/3 small Caramel Topping jar (or more if you desire)
- Heat half and half in saucepan until very hot, but not boiling. Stir often. Set aside.
- Mix egg yolks and sugar until thickened. While mixing gradually add half and half.
- Return the mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until bubbles form around the edge or mixture is steamy. Do not boil. Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in whipping cream, vanilla and salt. Cover. Chill overnight.
- Freeze ice cream according to your ice cream maker directions. During last couple of minutes of ice cream freeze time pour in caramel topping.