Waffles and Things
Dress your waffles like an ice cream sundae -- think, melted chocolate, cookie crumbs, and plenty of whipped cream.
- step-by-step directions
Waffles and Things
- 3 Eggs (separated)
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup chopped Strawberries (plus more for topping)
- 8 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 pound Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 cup crushed Shortbread Cookies
- Whipped Cream for topping
- Preheat waffle iron to medium-high heat. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a blender, puree the egg yolks, butter, milk and strawberries. Stir into the flour mixture until just combined.
- In a large clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Sprinkle in the cream of tartar and continue to whisk until stiff peaks, about 5 minutes. Gently fold the whipped whites into the batter. Some streaks of egg whites should still be visible.
- Spray the preheated waffle iron with cooking spray. Ladle 1/3 batter, or however much the waffle machine instructions suggest, and close to cook. Once the waffles are golden and crispy, remove from waffle iron and set aside. Continue making waffles with the remaining batter.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler and dip waffle squares into the chocolate to coat one side. Flip over so chocolate is facing up. Garnish with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and crushed shortbread cookies.
Turkey Pot Pie
Crispy and Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Classic Pumpkin Pie
Simple Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
Quick and Easy Pumpkin Pie
Deconstructed Vegan Pecan Pie
Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley
Maple Bourbon-Glazed Roasted Turkey
Crispy Potatoes with Pumpkin Hummus
Sweet Potato Croquettes
Bubble and Squeak with Poached Eggs and Mixed Greens Salad