Have some leftover chicken? Throw it into a Waldorf salad!
Clinton Kelly's Waldorf Salad with Chicken
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 sweet red skinned apple (cored and chopped)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes (halved)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- 36 pre-made mini tart shells
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and the lemon juice. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper. Add the chicken breast, apple, celery, grapes, and walnuts, and then mix thoroughly. For appetizer portions, top a mini pastry cup with about 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
- Salad can also be served buffet style on a bed of bibb lettuce.