This summer salad is perfect for the spicy food fans in your family.
Warm Shrimp Salad with Green Beans and Chilies
- 2 pounds Large Shrimp (21-30 per pound - peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Black Olive Paste
- 1 teaspoon Hot Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 pound Green Beans or Haricots Verts (trimmed)
- 1 Cup (4 ounces) Hazelnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (halved lengthwise and very thinly sliced)
- 2 Red hot chile peppers (very thinly sliced)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 teapoon (About) Freshly ground Black Pepper
- Preheat a gas grill or prepare a fire in a charcoal grill. Place a piastra on the grill to preheat.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl, add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the olive paste, 1 red chile and red pepper flakes, and mix well with your hands to coat the shrimp. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Set up an ice bath. Drop the beans into the boiling water and cook just until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain and plunge into the ice bath to cool, then drain well.
- Place the beans in a serving bowl, add the hazelnuts, red onion, lemon juice and zest and second chile, and toss to mix. Set aside.
- Spread the shrimp on the piastra in a single layer (cook in two batches if necessary) and cook until pink and golden brown on the first side, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook until just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer.
- Toss the shrimp into the bowl with the beans. Add the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil toss well. Season generously with black pepper, and serve warm or at room temperature.