Nothing says summer like watermelon.
Michael Symon' and Clinton Kelly's Watermelon and Haloumi Salad
- For the Watermelon and Cheese:
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ounces Haloumi Cheese (cut into 24 pieces about 1/4-inch thick)
- 8 ounces Red Seedless Watermelon (cut into 16 1-inch cubes)
- For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon Minced Shallot
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Toasted Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Diced Seeded Fresno Chile Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Sliced Fresh Mint
- 2 tablespoons Finely Sliced Scallion (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- For the Watermelon and Cheese: Heat the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté the cheese to crisp on side, about a minute per piece.
- For the Dressing: Combine the shallot, garlic, vinegar, scallion, and salt in a large bowl, whisk in a few drops of the oil, and then begin adding the oil in a thin stream, whisking continuously. After all of the oil has been incorporated, whisk in the honey, almonds, fresno chile, mint, and scallion.
- Add the cheese and watermelon to the bowl and toss just to coat.
- Set a piece of cheese in the center of the plate, arrange the watermelon on top, and spoon a tablespoon of the vinaigrette over each serving.