Nothing says summer like watermelon.
Watermelon and Halloumi Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces Halloumi cheese (1/4-inch thick slices, about 24)
- 8 ounces red, seedless watermelon (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon shallot (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic(minced)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon almonds (toasted and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresno chile (seeds removed, finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons mint (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons scallions (thinly sliced)
- For the Watermelon and Cheese: Heat the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add a few slices of cheese and cook until crisp on one side, about one minute.
- For the Dressing: In a medium bowl, combine the shallot, garlic, vinegar, and salt in a large bowl, whisk in a few drops of the oil, and then begin adding the oil in a thin stream, whisking continuously. After all of the oil has been incorporated, whisk in the honey, almonds, fresno chile, mint, and scallions.
- Add the cheese and watermelon to the bowl and toss to coat.
- To serve, set a piece of cheese in the center of the plate. Arrange a few pieces of watermelon on top, and spoon a tablespoon of the vinaigrette over each serving.