Frozen Watermelon Treat
Cooking Light's Watermelon Tangy Granita
- 1 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh Lime juice
- 1/3 cup packed Mint leaves
- 1/3 cup packed Cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Lime rind
- 1 Cucumber (peeled and seeded)
- 8 cups cubed Watermelon (3/4")
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Combine 1 cup water and sugar in a pot on stovetop. Cook until sugar is dissolved; cool completely. Place syrup, juice and next 6 ingredients (through cucumber) in a blender; blend until smooth. Pour mixture into an 11x7" glass baking dish' cover and freeze 3 hours until firm, stirring with a fork every 45 minutes. Remove mixture from freezer; scrape entire mixture with a fork until fluffy.
- Place watermelon cubes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt; toss to combine. Let stand 10 minutes. Spoon about 1 1/2 cups watermelon mixture into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with about 1/2 cup granita. For another fun preparation, make popsicles: puree the watermelon in addition to the granita mixture. Reserve separately. Pour the granita mixture into the popsicle molds, freeze, and then pour in the watermelon mixture. Freeze until solid, and serve.
Similar categories: Desserts