Clinton Kelly's We Got The Beet Cocktail
Gingery Vodka Fizz
We Got The Beet Cocktail Recipe: This out-of-the-box recipe clocks in at less than 200 calories per serving.
- 1 1/2 ounces Tangerine Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Ginger syrup (see recipe below)
- 1/4 ounce Orange Juice
- 1/4-1/2 ounce Beet Juice
- Seltzer to top off drink
- Raw Beet (sliced paper thin to garnish)
- For the Ginger Syrup:
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Ginger
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
Clinton's Crazy Combo Cocktails
Liquid Measuring Cup
1 1/2 ounces Tangerine Vodka
1/2 ounce Ginger syrup (see recipe below)
1/4 ounce Orange Juice
1/4-1/2 ounce Beet Juice
Seltzer to top off drink
Raw Beet (sliced paper thin to garnish)
In a mixing glass, combine the tangerine vodka, ginger syrup, orange juice, and 1/4-1/2 ounce of beet juice (for color). Add ice and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds. Strain into a Collins glass filled with 3 block ice cubes. Top with seltzer and garnish with the beets.
1 cup coarsely chopped Ginger
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Water
For the Ginger Syrup: Combine ginger, sugar and water. Simmer over heat for 1 hour, then bottle and let cool.
1. The ginger simple syrup is easy to make in advance, and store in the fridge for an impromptu cocktail or iced tea.